You guys are in luck today! I’m about to tell you one of my favorite dessert recipes ever. I have friends ask me to make this tiramisu mousse all the time, it’s just that good. It’s also incredibly easy, which you’ll most likely notice is a trend with my blog posts. I’m a big fan of quick and easy, like most other people. SO here it is:
It’s supposed to feed four, but if you’re feeling adventurous you could probably demolish them all by yourself. No judgments here.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Place the instant coffee in the hot water and stir. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
- Mix powdered sugar and mascarpone with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the coffee. Add up to the entire amount of coffee, depending on how strong you want your tiramisu. Mix in vanilla.
- Fold whipped cream into the coffee mixture gently. Place the tiramisu in a gallon size Ziploc bag that is fitted with a large round or 1M tip. I didn’t use the tip, just a bag with the tip cut off because I’m reckless, but it worked out just fine.
- Pipe a small amount the bottom of each of 4 serving glasses. Top the layer with a dusting of cocoa powder. Continue layering the tiramisu and cocoa powder. Once you get to the top layer, grate the 1 ounce of semi-sweet baking chocolate over the tops of the serving dishes. This gives a sweet first taste instead of being bitter from the unsweetened cocoa. Chill, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve.
See how easy and quick that was??? If you try this recipe leave a comment and tell me how you liked it. 🙂